1. Contests are open to all persons eighteen (18) years of age or older, unless specified in contest rules, except employees and the families of the Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting Company, promoters and sponsors of this contest.
2. How to win: No Purchase is necessary to enter this contest. Entries will be accepted by the method described with each specific contest.
3. Condition of accepting prize. Terms and Conditions: In all cases of awarding prizes, the winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility (The Rules), a W9 tax form (if prize value is $600 or over,) and provide a photocopy of valid ID. All forms must be completed within 30 days of winning notification, or winners will forfeit their prize. As a condition of entering the contest, the winner agrees to be bound by these rules and consents to the use of his/her name, likeness and/or voice for additional publicity and advertising purposes carried out by sponsors without additional compensation. All entrants release The Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting Company, their advertisers, promoters of this contest, and their employees from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from the contest, and acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury or death. Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting reserves the right to select alternate winners at random. There is no cash value and this prize cannot be refunded, transferred or exchanged. If winner cannot use the prize but accepts the prize, the winner will still receive a 1099 and is responsible for all taxes.
4. The Prize is as described with each specific contest.
5. If the taxable value of this prize is $600 or over, all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes, including sales tax and federal tax, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.
6. For call in to win contests, a “sounder” or cue to call or announcement will be aired, along with a message instructing listeners to call for a chance to become a winner. Listen to the Station and be the designated numbered caller to the Station’s contest line. The correct caller will either automatically win the announced prize or be required to perform a task (i.e., answering a trivia question correctly), as determined by the Station and announced during the cue to call to win. Prizes for Call In to Win or “Cue to Call” Contests conducted by the Station will vary and be announced prior to the cue to call in. Listen to the Station for details on specific giveaways and for the times to play. The dates, times, winner selection and prizes will vary with each station giveaway, as determined by the Station and announced during the cue to call. Winner must be the designated caller to the phone number announced; the designated caller, if eligible, will be a winner. If Company determines the designated caller is not eligible, the Company may select the next consecutive eligible caller as the winner. Listeners may be listening via the Station stream on the Internet: please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and the speed of your internet connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the Station to participate in any call-in contest to be sure you are participating in “real time.” The Company assumes no responsibility for contestants not making timely phone calls to the station as a result of the delays in the Internet stream. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
7. For online contests start by logging onto the Station’s website during the stated contest period and follow the contest information. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received by the station on or before the deadline for registration. Limit one (1) online entry per name and/or verified email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
8. Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting reserves the right to change these rules at anytime during the promotion for any reason. Copies of these rules are available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to ATTN: Rules Request, 10327 Milan Road, Milan, Ohio 44846 or visit our website at http://www.wlkrradio.com.
E’s Glow Tanning Giveaway
Description of Contest/Participation
The “Win Free Tanning for the rest of the year” Giveaway Contest sponsored by E’s Glow Tanning Salon, LLC and WLKR.
E’s Glow Tanning Salon and WLKR are giving away 1 Free Level 2 Single Session ($7 value) to each person that enters online at wlkrradio.com. Each registrant MUST print out their coupon or present the coupon via smart phone to an E’s Glow staff member. 1 Free Level 2 Single Session can only be used once per person.
Prize drawing will be held the week of May 26th, 2014. Prize winner will be randomly drawn from all entries received. No purchase necessary. Winner need not be present to win.
Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Prize winner will be randomly drawn.
By entering the Contest, you agree to abide by all term and conditions referenced in these Official Rules and as set by the Ohio State Cosmetology Board as well as E’s Glow, LLC Salon Polices. Contest begins Saturday, March 1, 2014 and the last day to enter is before midnight Wed, May 14, 2014.
Date subject to change. Contest may be suspended and date changed if deemed necessary by sponsors. All decisions of WLKR-FM are final.
HOW TO PLAY AND ENTER
Listeners can register via the wlkrradio.com or by sending an entry to “WLKR/E’s Glow Tanning Contest”, 10327 Milan Road, Milan, Ohio 44846. One entry per person/per day.
Each entry may be redeemed for 1 level 2 single session of free tanning at E’s Glow Tanning Salon. Session must be used on the once it is redeemed it cannot be saved for later used. Last day to redeem your level 2 free tanning session is Monday May 19th, 2014 by the time of close of business.
Participants must follow E’s Glow Tanning Salon rules and practices. Entrants may not transfer their free session of tanning to any other person. The entire form must be completed to utilize the free tanning as well as a completed state required consent tanning form. The value of the level 2 single session of free tanning is $7.
GRAND PRIZE: The winning entrant will win a gift certificate redeemable for level 2 tanning unlimited access (1x tanning session per 24 hours) beginning June 1st-Dec 31, 2014 at E’s Glow Tanning Salon. If gift card is not redeemed on June 1st, 2014 or until a later date E’s Glow, LLC will not extend any time for loss days as the winner is responsible for redemption. The value of the tanning prize is $240.
All tanning will be in Level 2 tanning beds. Upgrading per visit is available for a per tan upgrade charge. Upgrading your entire package to another level is not available.
Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, or local taxes, duties, tariffs, or other fees.
To claim the prize the winner must provide Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting with valid state identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number on the required IRS forms before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize.
The winner must provide IDENTIFICATION INPERSON at the WLKR Studios located at 10327 Milan Rd, Milan Ohio 44846, between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 5:30 P.M., Monday through Friday. Identification includes Driver’s License or other photo ID. All winners shall be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, release and indemnification. This affidavit attests that the winner meets the eligibility requirements and releases Station and Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting and its sponsors from liability in connection with the contest and prize.
Any free tanning sessions must be redeemed by the dated stated on the certificate/gift card. If forfeited, the Prize will remain property of the E’s Glow Tanning Salon and another winner may not be selected. No alternative Prize compensation will be provided. No cash equivalent for Prize will be awarded. Entry into the contest grants the right to Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting and participating sponsors to use winners name, voice and likeness and consent to live interviews without further compensation or time limitations.
ELIGIBILITY: Employees of companies and the sponsors involved, Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Contestants and immediate family members may win only one prize. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. Any applicable federal, state and local taxes on the prizes, including on-air prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Station is not responsible for a contestant’s inability to visit the website and make an entry, whether due to telephone/computer equipment malfunction, disconnection, busy lines or other circumstances. The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, which will become effective upon announcement. Nothing in any Contest is intended to create or imply any contractual, fiduciary or other rights for the contestant or obligations, except as expressly stated by the Station. All participants, by registration, agree to release the Station, Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting and all contest sponsors, each of their respective affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional or judging agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity. It is the contestant’s responsibility to act in a reasonable manner and to comply with all applicable laws in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize related activity. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
A complete copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to: “WLKR/E’s Glow Tanning Contest”, 10327 Milan Rd, Milan Ohio 44846.
Battle of the Bands
1) NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER ANY CONTEST. All contests are open to all persons eighteen years of age and older unless specified. No employee or any member of their families of the Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting Company, its advertisers and promoters of any contest are eligible to enter. The stated parties and promotional participants are not liable for any injury or death incurred because of this promotion.
2) BAND SELECTION. Participating bands will be chosen by the WLKR staff from all entries received. A total of at least 8 bands will be chosen to participate. All bands must have their entry submitted by February 28th, 2014 at 5pm. Entries may be emailed to email@example.com or be sent to WLKR studios, 10327 Milan Road, Milan, Ohio 44846. All entries must contain an .mp3 of the band’s music or a CD/Tape cassette. Once bands are chosen the “battle” period will begin at 6am on March 10, 2014. Two bands will be selected to compete each week. Voting will be from Monday at 6am until Thursday at 11:59pm during their respective week. Each person may vote one time in a 24 hour period. In the case of an odd number of entries, the WLKR staff will pick a band to have a “bye” week. The band will be chosen through a random drawing. Once a winner is chosen from each week, those winners will compete against each other until one band remains.
3) GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE. The grand prize drawing will be announced on the Firelands Local Music spot on Friday, April 6, 2014. Exact time to be determined. Grand prize will be: Eight hours of studio time at Mohawk Studios in Huron, Paid gig at the Main Street Tavern in Huron, with the amount TBD by Main Street Tavern Management, Merchandise Starter Kit from Dirt Sandwich Music Company and a guest spot on the Firelands Local Music Spot. The winning band agrees to sign a contest release form as a condition of receiving the prize package and agree to allow the use of his/her name, likeness and/or voice for additional publicity and advertising purposes for a period of one year from the Grand Prize drawing date, without additional compensation. WLKR also reserves the right to amend these rules at any time during the contest. All decisions of WLKR are final. WLKR staff is not responsible for any decision made by Mohawk Studios or Main Street Tavern.
4) CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTING THE PRIZE. Prizes may not be refunded, transferred or exchanged.
5) COPIES OF THESE RULES are available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Battle of The Band Rules” c/o WLKR-FM, 10327 Milan Rd., Rt. 250, Milan, OH 44846.
Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station.