1. Contests are open to all persons eighteen (18) years of age or older, unless specified in contest rules, except employees and the families of the Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting Company, promoters and sponsors of this contest.
2. How to win: No Purchase is necessary to enter this contest. Entries will be accepted by the method described with each specific contest.
3. Condition of accepting prize. Terms and Conditions: In all cases of awarding prizes, the winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility (The Rules), a W9 tax form (if prize value is $600 or over,) and provide a photocopy of valid ID. All forms must be completed within 30 days of winning notification, or winners will forfeit their prize. As a condition of entering the contest, the winner agrees to be bound by these rules and consents to the use of his/her name, likeness and/or voice for additional publicity and advertising purposes carried out by sponsors without additional compensation. All entrants release The Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting Company, their advertisers, promoters of this contest, and their employees from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from the contest, and acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury or death. Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting reserves the right to select alternate winners at random. There is no cash value and this prize cannot be refunded, transferred or exchanged. If winner cannot use the prize but accepts the prize, the winner will still receive a 1099 and is responsible for all taxes.
4. The Prize is as described with each specific contest.
5. If the taxable value of this prize is $600 or over, all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes, including sales tax and federal tax, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.
6. For call in to win contests, a “sounder” or cue to call or announcement will be aired, along with a message instructing listeners to call for a chance to become a winner. Listen to the Station and be the designated numbered caller to the Station’s contest line. The correct caller will either automatically win the announced prize or be required to perform a task (i.e., answering a trivia question correctly), as determined by the Station and announced during the cue to call to win. Prizes for Call In to Win or “Cue to Call” Contests conducted by the Station will vary and be announced prior to the cue to call in. Listen to the Station for details on specific giveaways and for the times to play. The dates, times, winner selection and prizes will vary with each station giveaway, as determined by the Station and announced during the cue to call. Winner must be the designated caller to the phone number announced; the designated caller, if eligible, will be a winner. If Company determines the designated caller is not eligible, the Company may select the next consecutive eligible caller as the winner. Listeners may be listening via the Station stream on the Internet: please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and the speed of your internet connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the Station to participate in any call-in contest to be sure you are participating in “real time.” The Company assumes no responsibility for contestants not making timely phone calls to the station as a result of the delays in the Internet stream. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
7. For online contests start by logging onto the Station’s website during the stated contest period and follow the contest information. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received by the station on or before the deadline for registration. Limit one (1) online entry per name and/or verified email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
8. Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting reserves the right to change these rules at anytime during the promotion for any reason. Copies of these rules are available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to ATTN: Rules Request, 10327 Milan Road, Milan, Ohio 44846 or visit our website at http://www.wlkrradio.com.
Battle Of The Bands
1) NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. All contests are open to all persons eighteen years of age and older unless specified. No employee or any member of their families of the Elyria-Lorain Broadcasting Company, its advertisers and promoters of any contest are eligible to enter. The stated parties and promotional participants are not liable for any injury or death incurred because of this promotion.
2) BAND SELECTION. Participating bands will be chosen by the WLKR staff from all entries received. A total of at least 8 bands will be chosen to participate. All bands must have their entry submitted by March 1, 2013 at 5pm. Entries may be emailed to email@example.com or be sent to WLKR studios, 10327 Milan Road, Milan, Ohio 44846. All entries must contain an .mp3 of the band’s music or a CD/Tape cassette. Once bands are chosen the “battle” period will begin at 6am on March 4, 2013. Two bands will be selected to compete each week. Voting will be from Monday at 6am until Thursday at 11:59pm during their respective week. Each person may vote one time in a 24 hour period. In the case of an odd number of entries, the WLKR staff will pick a band to have a “bye” week. The band will be chosen through a random drawing. Once a winner is chosen from each week, those winners will compete against each other until one band remains.
3) GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE. The grand prize drawing will be announced on the Firelands Local Music spot on Friday, March 29, 2013. Exact time to be determined. Grand prize will be: ONE song produced at Mohawk Studios in Huron, Paid gig at the Main Street Tavern in Huron with the amount TBD by Main Street Tavern Management, and a guest spot on the Firelands Local Music Spot. The winning band agrees to sign a contest release form as a condition of receiving the prize package and agree to allow the use of his/her name, likeness and/or voice for additional publicity and advertising purposes for a period of one year from the Grand Prize drawing date, without additional compensation. WLKR also reserves the right to amend these rules at any time during the contest. All decisions of WLKR are final. WLKR staff is not responsible for any decision made by Mohawk Studios or Main Street Tavern.
4) CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTING THE PRIZE. Prizes may not be refunded, transferred or exchanged.
5) COPIES OF THESE RULES are available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Battle of The Band Rules” c/o WLKR-FM, 10327 Milan Rd., Rt. 250, Milan, OH 44846.